Oval Table | Mackintosh Design
Oval Table | Ashwood Stained Black | Top Folds to Sides | Mackintosh 1918 Design | Cassina Reproduction |
This dining table with folding top can be extended to accomodate a larger number of guests. The sides of the base revolve around the uprights and unfold to support the top extensions.
The table is reduced to a minimum in its folded position - the correct size for two people.
Cassina (Milan Italy) was granted the Exclusive Reproduction Rights (1972) by the University of Glasgow, Heir to the Artistic Estate of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, which is part of the Collezione "Cassina I Maestri," which also includes designs by:
- Le Corbusier,
- Gerrit Thomas Rietveld,
- Erik Gunnar Asplund, and
- Frank Lloyd Wright.
Each piece of furniture in the Collezione "Cassina I Maestri" is branded with
- the Signature of the Author, whose Copyright belongs to his Heirs and is of which has been granted to Cassina
- the Collezione "Cassina I Maestri," Logotype
- the Production Number; this serves to place the item in the chronology of production to tally with the identity card (which bears the same number
- to show that
- a final quality check has been carried out and
- allow the Heirs control as far as compliance with Copyright