"Ingram High" Chair | Mackintosh
Ingram High Chair | "Heliotropic" Rigidly Symmetrical Design | Neo-Gothic Spirit | Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design |
This chair was designed with the intention of creating a unique, hierarchic order around the dining table. Grouped around a table, this chair design forms the appearance of a "private zone."
The "Ingram High" chair was originally designed for the White Dining Rooms at the Ingram Street Tearooms, 1900. (Also known as "Willow Tearooms")
Cassina (Milan Italy) was granted the Exclusive Reproduction Rights (1972) by the University of Glasgow, Heir to the Artistic Estate of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, which is part of the Collezione "Cassina I Maestri," which also includes designs by:
- Le Corbusier,
- Gerrit Thomas Rietveld,
- Erik Gunnar Asplund, and
- Frank Lloyd Wright.
Each piece of furniture in the Collezione "Cassina I Maestri" is branded with
- the Signature of the Author, whose Copyright belongs to his Heirs and is of which has been granted to Cassina
- the Collezione "Cassina I Maestri," Logotype
- the Production Number; this serves to place the item in the chronology of production to tally with the identity card (which bears the same number
- to show that
- a final quality check has been carried out and
- allow the Heirs control as far as compliance with Copyright